Monday, September 15, 2014

Until....


Sometimes I find myself searching for things that don't exist. At least not to the human eye.
I find myself praying for things that are impossible for the human mind to concieve.
I believe in things that most would see as non sense,
But I keep on this journey and I press on even further, deeper into the unknown.
Why?
Do I ever doubt?
Yes, sometimes for a brief moment, then I remember the promises of God.
He will never leave me, He hears me, He listens to me, His plans for me are good, not to harm me, and He loves me, really loves me, so much that He chose to have His Son die for me.
So why should I doubt?
Why should I fear?
Why would I give up?
I'm not praying for fame and to have a great fortune, I'm praying to see miracles of healing. Not so I will believe, I already do. I am praying for specific miracles that would show my family that God still hears, still heals and has compassion upon us. I'm praying these miracles to leave a legacy of faith and prayer in this world and to my girls.
I want them to see first hand that you pray until.
Until what?
Until God answers, until He fulfills His promise.
Then after He answers you don't just stop praying and during the asking you are praising and thanking.
I find it beyond exciting to pray and see.
As I pray for what the world sees as absurb, I see past that into just how mighty God is.
My relationship grows stronger with God during this time, and I find it's the only place I want to be.
Praying for something this big is definitely a faith tester at times.
Questions
Will He do it?
Does He want to?
Is it His plan?
What if He dosen't?
Were my prayers heard? Were they wasted?
Since He hasn't yet, do I really believe He could do it? Would do it?
Beyond testing of my faith it strengthens my faith even more.
It is on this leg of the journey, on the dry, rocky path that conversation happens, trust is built. This long part of the journey is where perseverance meets determination, confronted with exhaustion and decisions are made.
Will I continue on or take the fork in the road and move on?
No!

I will stay on this path until....

No comments:

Post a Comment