Monday, October 7, 2013

                                                    REVIVE

 Driving down the road I hear this song called ‘Revive Me” , and the  tears just poured down my cheeks, I held them back as long as I could, but the lump in my throat was growing and I couldn’t hold it back. The flood gates of my heart were ripped away by the force of raw emotion. I hadn’t had a moment like that in a long time.
Revive , is a simple word , only 6 letters, but it’s implications are overwhelming. This word is powerful! The definition is To bring back to life or consciousness; resuscitate. To return to validity, effectiveness, or operative condition. To impart new health, vigor, or spirit toII
I saw my old life many years ago, all the struggles I had endured and overcome. Like a movie, I could see it all, the abuse, the rape, the beatings, the rejection. I could feel it all, the agony, the despair the hopelessness , then the words, REVIVE, IM ALIVE, IM ALIVE ,BREATHE ON ME ,YOU REVIVE ME
Those words washed over me in a way I can not explain. In my mind I saw my self as dirty, just this dirty person, then dried up to clay, the clay just crumbled to dust and I was gone, then The Lord stooped down, on His knees took His hands and  pushed the dust together, as I imagine the way He created Adam. He then breathed life back into me.
I was a shell of a person, merely existing, All those years of having mud slung on me, believing for so long I did not have a life worthy to live,nothing but ashes, and The Lord , He came and breathed life back into me.
Isaiah 61
The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me,
    because the Lord has anointed me
    to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
    to proclaim freedom for the captives
    and release from darkness for the prisoners,[a]
to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor
    and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn,
    and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
    instead of ashes,
the oil of joy
    instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
    instead of a spirit of despair.
I have been REVIVED, I have the breath of God in my lungs, This verse speaks to me in so many ways, The Lord has anointed me, He has given me new life so I may go and walk along side the broken and proclaim all that He has done, so they may find healing and wear this crown of beauty instead of ashes, that we may all be full of joy and no longer despair.                  

1 comment: