Monday, January 20, 2014

The Worship Experience-Forever Changed

God says to make a JOYFUL noise 
Psalm 100 

SharePsalm 10A psalm. For giving grateful praise

Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth.
    Worship the Lord with gladness;
    come before him with joyful songs.
Know that the Lord is God.
    It is he who made us, and we are his[a];
    we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving
    and his courts with praise;
    give thanks to him and praise his name.
For the Lord is good and his love endures forever;
    his faithfulness continues through all generations

When I go to Church and sing,it is more of a JOYFUL noise than a beautiful harmony.
but I LOVE to be in that moment, singing and rejoicing, sometimes I feel closer to The Lord while singing than I do when I'm reading  my Bible . 
There's something so BEAUTIFUL in that moment, it definately is an experience. Whether it's in my car or in Church, singing from my heart, worshiping God, He always meets me there.
He speaks to my heart the TRUTH of His love, He reminds me of His promises. 
The Lord has revived me , He has had my cries and shown compassion on me, how can I not choose to worship him?
This is one of my favorite songs 'Forever Changed' by Eddie Kirkland, I heard this and it reached down into apart of me and put words to what I had done in my life, I spent so much of my life building walls to keep feelings, emotions and people out,and that very same wall was keeping me a hostage to my self. It kept me far from the ones that loved me, it kept me numb to my own heart, so numb that I couldn't hear the voice of the One who wanted to save me.
When I made a way through the wall I built, I found myself wandering in the drought of the desert that had become my life, dry, weary and empty, I continued lost with a deaf ear.
Then the sky broke and as the water poured down, I felt clean for the first time, washing away the dirt that had covered me for so long. That is the moment of surrender, the moment of new life. the moment Gods mercy broke down the walls to my heart.
He forever changed me, how can I not praise Him in the good times as well as the bad?



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTMiZGew-i0


.

No comments:

Post a Comment