Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Dance with my Father



I envision dancing in a large open field. The wind is blowing gently through my hair, there are no trees, only a field, the tall grass is swaying to the sound of the wind in perfect rhythm. The sky is filled with pastels of blues and touch of gray. The earth is warm beneath my feet. The meadow is gleaming in rich golden hues. I spin and twirl, my hands lifted high in great expectation of meeting my Creator, my Lord here in this place.
Shimmers of light break gently through the sky, enveloping me , and I hear Him say, “Dance with me daughter, dance with me”
Just like that, I'm dancing with my Father.
For years I have prayed for Him to be real to me, to be so near that I can feel His breath upon my cheek. For years I have prayed to my Father that He would rescue my father, here, in this time, in this place. I have pleaded , cried out for rescue on his behalf. There is nothing I desire more right now on this earth than to see my Dad find peace, to see the man God created him to be be fullfilled in my life time. To see the hurt vanish from his eyes, to see the guilt of past mistakes erased, to hear him say the words 'I believe'.
I know my Dad loves me, I feel it when he trembles as he hugs me, I see it in the tears that haven't fallen from his eyes when we meet. I feel it in his strong hands as he holds mine in his. I love him. I am proud of him for things he doesn't see in him self that I see in him.
I am dancing with my Father, I feel the breeze as it swirls around us, I can see Him smile, I can feel He loves me, I feel His love. In my vision I hear Him say “look who's here to dance” I know in my heart it's my father, my Dad. I open my eyes and see him walking across the field, I look to my Creator, and He says to go and dance. We run to each other and for the first time I see his freedom, I see his heart is free, the hurt has been erased and I see peace in his eyes and he says ' I believe'.
We dance in the field, the grass sways in perfect harmony as our Lord, our Father unveils the colors of His love over us.
The sky is glistening with hues of orange,pinks and purples. The sun is just on the edge of the earth radiant with color. Reflecting our Fathers love over us.
We dance together in the presence of the One who has given so much. Shimmers of light once again fall from the sky and envelope us , and we dance, the three of us in that field, we dance.
When I think of this my heart is overwhelmed. Filled with excitement for the day I hear him say those words ' I believe' . Filled with anticipation for the answer to so many prayers, so many tears that have fallen from a place of brokenness and a source of desperation.
I can feel it welling within my soul and I will hold onto this verse
2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.
As I pray for my Dad, I know The Lord has a great plan for him, and in faith I bought him a birthday card a few years back, it's tucked into my Bible and I pray, ans I wait patiently for that glorious day when I can give it to him and we can dance.

" Bless you Dad, As water reflects a face so a mans heart reflects the man((Prov 27:19) If anyone wants to know the definition of a man who follows his faith with his whole heart,dad they just need to know you"

2 comments: